Sunday, May 2, 2010

I will take time to listen to God!


Today we learned about listening to God. We heard the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus, but he got distracted by the big storm and started to sink. Just like Peter, we can become distracted by other things such as TV, movies, computer, music, video games, and it can become harder to listen to God. We learned that we can listen to God by reading His Word, and praying. To help reinforce this at home, we have a secret assignment for you.

Our Bible Story this week can be found here: Matthew 14:22-32

Our Memory Verse this week is:

Those who listen to instruction will prosper;

those who trust the Lord will be joyful."

Proverbs 16:20
" (NLT)

Secret Assignment (worth 20 Action Bucks):

Spend 10 minutes listening to God by reading your bible or praying. Write down two sentences of what you learned or heard from God. Do this for three different days this week, have a parent/guardian sign it , and bring it to church this Sunday. The secret word for this week is: Obey

For example: 5/4/10 Today I read Ephesians 6:1 and God told me through His word that I need to obey my parents. God wants me to always obey my parents even when I don’t want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment