Monday, October 25, 2010

What we learned, Sunday October 24th


This week in Animal J.a.m. our 2 year olds learned about God making them and the things around them our 3&4 year olds learned about God making the earth. Please look at your take home sheets for more information
Today in Jammers we continued to learn more about Jesus. We learned the Jesus takes care of us! Please look in your child's bag for more information.



This week in 123 Go, we talked about how God wants the best for our lives. We need to obey Him even when it doesn't make sense. We heard the story of Joshua and the battle of Jericho from Joshua chapter 6. Walking around a city may have seemed silly to some of the people, but they obeyed God, and He had plans for them to enter the promise land.

Memory Verse (worth 5 Action Bucks):
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD. ' They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"
Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
*If your child has already memorized this verse in another version, I will accept that as well.



Secret word this week is: LIGHT

This week in Highway 45 we discussed the importance of saying no when you know something isn't right, even if you are the only one. It isn't easy to just say no when friends or family are trying to convince us to do something we don't want to do, or don't want to be the only person not taking part. As we read in Daniel 6 about Daniel and the lions den, Daniel never stopped praying and doing what he knew was right even though it could lead to his demise. But God protected Daniel and saved him for believing and trusting that God would be there for him because he did what was right. So I dared the kids that the next time someone is pressuring them to do something they don't want because they know it is wrong, they should give it to God and trust that he will help them through it. This week's memory verse is "To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me." Psalm 25:1-2 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment